We know how important it is for people to stay in their own homes and retain as much independence as possible. Bonney Care Agency makes this a reality even for people with highly complex needs by fostering maximum independence for individuals through progressive ennoblement and promoting choice.
Our delivery approach is based on Enablement and Recovery principles and promoting independence through maximizing people’s abilities, offering opportunity, and encouraging positive engagement, providing community resources and access, and ultimately encouraging people to take control of their own lifestyle choices. Our staff promote, encourage and support people with social and community integration, further education and training, leisure and recreational activities. We manage and support outreach and in reach services to people living in their own homes, irrespective of their disability or sometimes socially challenging behaviors.
Bonney Care Agency works in partnership with a housing company to support people to find their own home.
We are on a Northamptonshire County Supported Living (Community Life Choices) framework. We are also currently delivering Leicester City Council Independent Living Support (Supported Housing) contract and are also on the Supported Living Framework for Mental Health. As an established provider of supported living services in Leicester we have 31 units of supported housing units comprising 25 self-contained flats, 3 properties that comfortably houses 7 people in single occupancy bedrooms.
- Availability of 24-hour support including waking night staff, 7 days a week
- Additional 1:1 support hours can be purchased to provide specific support for each person as required.
- Individual person-centered support plans, personal care and medication support where required.
- Risk management through a multi-disciplinary (MDT) approach.
- Enabling our service users to achieve and maintain employment or voluntary work, for example, ensuring our service users are able to get to work on time where this is a desired outcome.
- Support to access local community resources.
- Support to identify and tap into appropriate community services to meet individual needs. Thus we promote the development of informal support mechanisms bringing about increased independence, social inclusion and opportunities to develop friends and relationships.
- We recognise that everybody is unique and requires different levels of support.